The College has funds from which both full–time and part–time students can apply for assistance with the costs of childcare whilst studying at the College:
Childcare funding includes two elements. They are:
- The Lone Parents Childcare Grant (LPCG) element which will be an entitlement payment of up to £1,215 per year to all eligible further and higher education students who are lone parents and who have formal registered childcare expenses while studying. The LPCG is not income assessed.
- The Discretionary Childcare Funds which all students may apply to for financial help with formal registered childcare expenses. Payments from the Discretionary Childcare funds will be made at the discretion of the institution and based on an assessment of need.
Discretionary Childcare Funds
Means–tested awards – covers between 80–100% of registered childcare costs. The College has funds for FE and HE students that can be used to assist students with childcare costs. Students should be aware that the college may not cover the full costs towards childcare. To be eligible for these funds students must meet certain criteria e.g.
- be enrolled as a full–time or part–time student
- have taken full entitlement to student loan (HNC/HND students only)
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship and difficulty with meeting childcare costs
- be in receipt of Child Benefit payments for your child or children
The Childcare Funds are limited funds, and the College cannot guarantee that all applications will be successful.
Further information may be found in the Childcare Funding leaflet
How do I find a registered childcare provider?
If you require details of registered providers within your area contact your local Childcare Information Services.
Aberdeen City Family Information Service Tel 01224 814803
Aberdeenshire Family Information Service Tel 0800 298 3330
Full details of the above services and other areas can be found at:
Useful websites and addresses
For reports on registered providers, including all inspection reports:
Information on Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, or telephone the helpline on 0345 300 3900:
Students wishing to enquire about assistance with the cost of childcare should book an appointment with Irene Robertson, Student Funding Adviser at Learner Services Reception or by calling 01224 612284.